Friday, April 22, 2011

#6: You're Obese!

A few weeks ago I went to this place where they check your body weight, water weight, bone mass, fat layer and stuff.

What shocked me to the deep of my fat were they--no, the one-of-a-kind weight machine--told me that I have nine layers of fat around my heart. And I am an obese!

I know I'm a little bit overweight--just a little bit--but me, obese? That just doesn't make sense. I lead a healthy lifestyle. At least on the outside.

I park far away.
I walk rather than drive, every single day.
I also eat sensibly.
Desserts are only allowed during celebrations.

But the good news is I have a high body metabolism and a high percentage of muscle. Obviously, hahaha.

But my point is, I couldn't be an obese. I don't even have a big stomach to begin with. Maybe just some jiggly spare tires, but they're not even huge enough to be considered obese.

Somehow I know the information they told me was just a gimmick for me to buy their products. Actually, to my shame, I even considered getting those products. I almost bought them with my emergency money. They're not exactly cheap.

The products, as they market them, are a food substitute. From that moment on I started feel that something fishy was going on. I don't think I can be fully full just by drinking them.

No way.
But they were so convincing. They were even testimonial pictures among other things.

Fortunately, my instincts were stronger. I did some research after that and found out that the products only promote self-starvation diet, except that you have to go rob a few strangers on the sidewalk to pay for them.

Not only that, I found out a lady got a brain tumor after using the products. The doctors in the report said the products don't contain enough essential vitamins to the brain. Beri-beri I think.

So I was saved again by Allah in His mysterious ways. But I have to save myself too by starting to work out and exercise.

Which brings us all to this post. I am frustrated of myself for being so lazy.

p/s: I have a question. Can we work out at night before going to bed? Just something to soothe my frustration.

1 comment:

  1. 1. you're definitely NOT an obese zaqwan.

    2. i read tht you shouldnt work out b4 goin to bed cuz it would disturb your sleep, as in you'd get energized and thus sleep later than usual. but i think it depends on the people. some people work out better during the night. personally, it HELPS me fall asleep better rather than keep me awake. ;)

    ReplyDelete